What do you do when your car’s trunk won’t open? Getting into a locked trunk can be frustrating and sometimes dangerous. This is especially true if you’re in an emergency situation and need to get something out of the car quickly. In that case, you would need to open the trunk without a key. The users of BMW E39 face this problem most. That is why they ask how to open BMW E39 trunk without key?
In this article, we’ll teach you how to open your BMW E39 trunk without a key. It’s easier than you think and will help to save time the next time your trunk won’t open. The process is going to be step by step so that it helps you to understand easily.
How to Open BMW E39 Trunk Without a Key
BMW has pioneered the push-button trunk release, which makes opening the trunk of your car simple. However, if this isn’t working for you or if you need to open the trunk quickly in an emergency situation, these steps will teach you how to open it without a key.
The First Method
- Step 2: Locate the lower button on the right side of your trunk lid. (It’s most likely near the hinge.)
- Step 2: Next, use your thumb to press down that button while simultaneously pushing up on the latch with your left hand.
- Step 3: You will find your E39 trunk is open and you may bring anything out of its trunk.
The Second Method
The first way was the best one. If you fail to do that, you may follow this method to open the BMW E39 trunk without the key. But this method requires you to open the back seat of the vehicle and enter into the trunk. Let’s see the second method of How to Open BMW E39 Trunk Without Key.
- Step 1: Open the door and enter the back seat of your BMW E39. The main task is here. This is the simplest way to open the trunk without a key.
- Step 2: Remove the middle small back seat of your BMW E39. This will give you a way to enter into the trunk of the vehicle.
- Step 3: After removing the middle seat, you have to enter your head and hands inside the trunk. There is a belt like switch. You have to pull that belt. This will open the trunk of your BMW E39.
How to Open BMW E39 Trunk with a key?
The BMW E39 is a classic car that is known for its sleek and timeless design. With an elegant trunk, it is perfect for traveling in style. However, if you are unable to open your trunk with the key and your trunk refuses to open up, then this part of this article will help you. Follow these steps to gain access to the trunk of your car:
- Place the key into the ignition
- Turn on the engine
- Look in the trunk’s lock release button
- Push down on the button until you hear a click and feel a release when you stop pushing
- Upon hearing the click, turn off the engine and remove the key from its ignition slot.
If you’re driving around and your trunk won’t open, you might be able to get in with a key. You’ll have to turn the key clockwise or counterclockwise depending on which car you have. By following these steps, you will be able to open your BMW E39. There is a general question on How to Open BMW Trunk Manually. You may read that too from our website.
What to Do When Your Car’s Trunk Won’t Open?
Whether your car’s trunk is jammed with something or you’re in an emergency situation and need to get out of the trunk quickly, it’s frustrating when the trunk won’t open. Luckily, there are a few things you can do to release your BMW E39 and get back on the road. Here are a few common causes of a jammed trunk and how you can fix them:
- The latch mechanism has broken or is stuck in the up position. This will require replacing the entire latch mechanism.
- Car seats are blocking the lock mechanism from moving freely. In this case, unclipping one of the car seat straps should allow you to move that seat out of the way.
- It rained heavily and water has seeped into your trunk and gotten between your key lock cylinder and its metal housing. This means that all you have to do is dry off any excess water with a towel before trying again.
- If none of these fixes works for you, try using a screwdriver as a lever on either side of your key lock cylinder. If both sides don’t work, try going at it from below by removing all four screws holding your key lock cylinder in place
If your BMW E39 trunk won’t open, it’s important to know what to do when this happens. The good news is that you can usually open your BMW E39 trunk without a key. It’s best to know what you’ll need and how to open your BMW E39 trunk with a key and without one.
That was all for today. I hope you get everything you wanted from this article. I tried to give you best methods to open the trunk of your BMW E39. I hope now you know how to open BMW E39 trunk without key.